Wednesday 10 September 2008

Guest #1

Welcome to the first edition of a new series here on Paintablog, where we invite our artist-friends to publish their artworks and to get the chance to tell a bit about themselves.

Our first guest is the very talented “Astlem”, and the title of this artwork is Queen Elizabeth:




Paintablog: So, welcome to our blog!

Astlem: Thank you! It’s an honour and a dream come true for me.

PB: So, tell me where you got the inspiration for this artwork.

A: Well, I wanted to capture the reality of a school day. I had just experienced an event that made a big impact on me, and I felt that this was such an extreme episode, I just thought it shouldn’t be forgotten. Ever.

PB: How much experience do you have with Paint?

A: I only use Paint when I’ve experienced something I’d like to remember in the future, not necessarily special occasions, just little things I don’t want to forget.
PB: Tell me about your Paint-style, your preferences, etc.

A: Well, I try to paint in a naturalistic style, and of course, I do everything by hand. I try no to use any of the tools, only the pencil or the brush. But in this particular artwork I’ve used the textbox to show the hour on the Queens watch. I also like to use vibrant colors, to make the painting stand out, and to make it more childish. I really wish I could be a child again. It’s my biggest dream.

PB: How many times a day do you log in on facebook?

A: Well, to be honest I spend most of the school day logged in, but I would say about four times during a school day. I rarely use facebook at home, only when I’m having some kind of facebook-phase, then I go crazy if I’m not logged in. Well, you know how it is!

PB: No, we don’t. But, anyway, what artists do you like and seek inspiration from?

A: Well, I love Pablo Picasso! He’s my role model! I use his works as inspiration, and then I try to make my own style from the ideas I get by watching his work. I’ve been inspired by Picasso since junior high-school (norsk: ungdomsskolen), I used to copy him in my younger days. Actually, at home, we have a copy I made of one of Picasso’s works hanging on the bathroom wall.

PB: Well, great, thanks, we really admire your work here at Paintablog!
A: Thanks, I love Paintablog more than my own family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aah. Love it! Bakkeløp tjohei!

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Delete shis text plz. Sorry